Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Tabula Rasa or something like it.

Well. Here I am. writing. in English. which isn't even my mother tongue. weird.
Why am I doing this you might ask? I'm not one of those natural writers. what I have to say or write won't be anything profound or deep - it's just not who I am. my mind is a mess most of the time. I will see this as an attempt to untangle some of it.

writing thoughts down makes them more real - more concrete. if I printed this page I could even touch my thoughts, at least I think so - but that’s a whole other discussion. I’m loosing my point here.

I have recently decided to take a break from my studies towards becoming an English teacher which is one of the reasons I’m writing this in English. this decision is so recent I have not even told my friends yet. but I will. the way I see it I have one year or at least until October 15th to decide if I wish to become a teacher. I will use this blog as my journal this year – to share my thoughts with who ever will come across this page – strangers, my friends and myself. so that when I have to make a decision I will be able to look back and see if I got somewhere. and if so how I got there. to think rationally, and carefully evaluate what will happen. something I’m not very good at. wow this sounds serious.

the big question right now (and it’s a scary one) is: what will I do this year?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

and you decided to tell us in the BLOG?

Sara said...

Hi Honey!
Sounds like a good idea - to put down your thoughts in order to understand yourself. I'm putting your blog in My Favourites.
Love, Sara