Wednesday, January 24, 2007

so. I got a job.
partly as a weekend worker. partly as a sub. I will have the sub gig (can you say gig about a job? according to Longman a gig is, among other things: AmE informal a job, especially one that does not last for a long time so yeah I guess you can) until, at least, Feb 4th. but it sounded like, if I didn’t completely misinterpret, I could work there until the summer.
we’ll see.
I called the boss lady yesterday and when I told her I could do the job she asked me: but do you want it?
do I want it? yes and no. the part of med who needs the money and interaction with other people says: of course you should take this job, you need this job. but then there is the part of me who says: no! are you crazy? getting up at 4 am to be at work by seven. having days which last six hours when they feel like twelve. doing the same thing all day, every day. (maybe I need to work on positive thinking – but I believe that right now it’s my tired head who complaints)
I forgot one thing on the yes side: I like old people. a few years ago I was at a home for old people, much like this but in Höör, and one night I ended up sitting and talking with one of the women who lived there. we talked for at least one hour about everything between lice to murderers, and I enjoyed it so much I even forgot to go home. I think I sat there at least fifteen minutes after my shift had ended.

so, sure the hours may be shitty and there are a lot of boring parts (but gimme one job who hasn’t got those) but in the end it is those small moments you have to hold out for. and I guess those will be more and more frequent the longer you are in one place and the better you know your co-workers and the people who live there.


btw what’s wrong with Eddings? one of the dudes who worked at Segevång didn’t like his novels very much and since it was time for me to go home I didn’t have time to further investigate the matter (fancy words there). perhaps he’s working this weekend so I can ask him then.
yay! I have a non-work-related mission :o)


No comments: