Wednesday, May 30, 2007

the day before yesterday the sweetest thing happened. I got a cat named after me. not a live one of course but one made of wool, soft fabric and thread.

how and why it happened was partly because of my "charming" personality and partly because of the lady’s quirkiness. anyways, let’s move on with this fascinating tale. right now at my work at the old folks home there’s this really cool old lady who I get really well along with. I love to stop by and chat every now and then when I’m bored and there’s nothing else to do. we get along so well that last week when I was in her room waiting for one of my co-workers she, my co-worker, thought it was her, the quirky lady’s, daughter who was visiting because of our yakking.

I guess I’m not so professional when I’m around this particular person but I don’t think either of us really sees that as an issue since we get along so well.
so this Monday when I got to work and went in to say “good morning” I noticed that she had a new animal in her bed, a really cute cat. naturally I asked her what she was going to call it. turns out she named it after me, and after I was done blushing and feeling stupid I saw the sweetness in the gesture. apparently she enjoys our chatters as much as I do. and that’s always nice to know.

and since neither of us will back down at the sight of a discussion we started to talk about whether it was a girl cat or not. needless to say I wouldn’t back down on my notion that if the cat was to be named Fanny it needed to be a girl. and after a tiny bit of persuading she agreed.

No comments: