Wednesday, May 02, 2007

when I got home Sunday evening, not in the best mood since I missed the bus by a minute and therefore missed my train and wasn’t home until 9.45, there was a present waiting for me. a nice looking one. wrapped in a shiny gold paper with a blue bow on top.

my first thought was "why is there a gift for me on the stairs? I haven’t done anything special to deserve it" closely followed by "there’s something fishy about this". I found out that the gift was from my mom and I got even more suspicious. turns out that it was a two-in-one kind of gift. something useful and a profound gibe all wrapped in one innocent looking book called “Gör det nu!”

to tell the truth I’m the queen of the procrastinators. if I can put something on hold I will and I will also give a fairly reasonable reason as for why I’m doing it. if it’s because of work, my stomach or simply my very selective memory.

remember the list I wrote in the beginning of this blog, the January 21st one, I can pretty much assure you that none of those things have been properly done. sure, I had the best intentions and really meant to do all of it. for the last few months I even had a good reason not to. I was working and enjoyed just being lazy when I was off work. but now I don’t have that anymore. I’m just plain lazy. or rather in a bad pattern. this book will help me figure out which one it is and what to do about it. wouldn’t it be nice to be rid of those panicky nights before a big exam (I even threw up once), knowing that I had studied enough and not just a last minute cramming session which I tended to do. I swore that I would change my ways every time, but then it wouldn’t be a pattern I guess. naturally I don’t expect a miracle just because I’m reading a book or that it will solve all my issues associated with this matter. but hopefully it will put me on the right path and give me some insight and the much needed shove.

staying true to the art of procrastination, I even put writing this off. I couldn’t find the cord to the camera. did it occur to me to clean my room and look for it?
no. it took me three days to stumble upon it and just as many to finish this text.

1 comment:

Ellen said...

vi är mer lika än vad du tror. men när din förlamande panik gör att du inte kan plugga har min förlamande panik alltid tvingat mig att plugga för att jag inget annat vågar. på mitt livs första tenta hade jag lagom svårt att behålla, eller ens äta, min frukost. vad jag försöker säga? vi har alla elaka troll under sängen. vill du fika med mig snart? kram