Sunday, June 08, 2008

I just came home after watching Sex and the City. it's 12.50 am. and I want to cry. because of a stupid movie.
why did the movie have this big inpact on me you might wonder....
even if the movie wasn't the greatest (not saying it wasn't good) it left me feeling alone. as long as I was swept up in SatC it was fine but in the car on my way home I started thinking (and that is as we all know never good) and thinking about the movie made me think about the core of SatC. the girls. their frindships. and it made me miss my friends at home. alot. alot alot.
I've never been away for a longer period like this and I miss normal everyday stuff. talking on msn. going to Lund and have lunch. going for walks. knowing that you have people just a phone call away if life feels like shit and you need to talk.
I miss that. and even if I have great friends here it's not the same. not nearly the same.
I normally deal with it by not thinking about it. I do stuff with the kids. watch GREEK. go shopping at the mall. and if everything else fails I go to Barnes & Noble.
but after watching the movie it was right in front of me and I can't ignore it tonight (I will do my best to supress these emotions in the morning). I want to go home right now and hang out with you guys. I won't even have to talk, I'll just sit and listen to your discussions and pretend I understand what you talking about.

and I'll be happy and not feel as alone and detached as I feel here.
I swear.

3 comments:

Sara said...

We miss you too darling. And you know it. I'm not intending to make you even more sad, you poor thing, but just so you know. You're loved and missed. A lot. A lot. A lot! <3

When you come home to Sweden we will all watch this movie together, in true friendship spirit. Love!

Frida said...

Hemma är kvar, vi är kvar. Jag vet hur det känns, men njut av allt spännande där in the big country. Jag tänker på dig och är avis på att du redan har sett Sex and The City filmen.

Kram

Ellen said...

Tack för påminnelsen om underbar vänskap! Det är en plattform att stå på. (Miss you too.)