Monday, January 14, 2008

I'm sick of people destroying my forest.
ok it's not actually my forest, but it’s mine in the sense that I grew up in it. I sat on the small mountain and killed ants ~ in my defence they were biting me first ~ I watched a friend slip and fall into the river. I ran around and saw the forest in ways that only children are allowed to. there could be castles and horses or a nice cave to hide out from evil monsters, the only restriction was our imagination.

I still like to go for walks in the very same forest. only difference is that I don’t see the wonderland it was, I saw a new one. a peaceful beautiful place. just for me and my thoughts. but not anymore. now I see trash lying about and trees chopped down so they can build houses. and it makes me sad and a bit angry. where will the kids in those new houses play and find treasures? where will I go for walks? can’t people throw their shit in garbage cans? can’t they build new houses somewhere else?
can’t they leave my forest alone?

No comments: