Tuesday, July 31, 2007

the trip is booked and paid for. the adventure awaits.
the train towards Kastrup leaves at 4.22 a.m. on August 18 with me and T on it (can’t say I’m too pleased with such an early morning, but hey it means that we’ll reach our destination before noon)

Theo's Village (our hotel)

it’s been awhile since my last trip and then I went alone. Kastrup was just a huge lonely place with tons of strangers walking around. this time will be different. a whole new experience. going abroad with one of my best friends.


Kato Daratso (where our hotel is located)

we decided we wanted to go somewhere warm with lots of sun, culture, nice food and cute boys (last bit applies to me since T is taken these days) and the natural choice was Greece. T opted for Crete and I obliged even though I’ve been there once before. we’re even staying near the same city, Chaina, but I expect it to be quite different this time seeing as last time was about 10 years ago.

so the next few weeks I’ll be working and checking off the list I wrote with things to do before we leave. among other tings; packing and are three pairs of shoes, apart from the pair I’ll be travelling in, enough for one week?

2 comments:

Sara said...

Honey! I'm so gald that you're going on a vacation. You certainly deserve it after the struggle you've had for some time. It's tough to work in elderly care, isn't it?!

I think I've found a new mutual interest that will create a bond between us - SHOES! I'm turning into a shoe-monster! Just like you sweetie! And three extra pairs of shoes - not enough. (My sister almost fell off her chair when she read my packing list: 7 pairs... well...uumm... WE LOVE SHOES! (and vacation. AND the combination of vacation and shoes. AS WELL AS buying shoes during the vacation. ) HAHA! Going a bit berserk - sorry!

Love ya!

FannyValentine said...

buying shoes during the vacation... I hadn't even thought about that, I love the way your mind works! Maybe when we're rich we could go to the Shoe city aka New York and drool over fabolous shoes together :)