Saturday, May 09, 2009

I've been a really crappy blogger lately (if lately counts for about a year)
but now I'm writing and even if it's just to ask for a wee bit of help with my homework. I still think it should count and the minute I finish my short story there will be a looong post here I swear.
I'm taking a class which is called Writing for People with Real Lives and every week we need to bring something in for the workshop at the end of the class. I've started a piece but I have no idea where it will end and since the kiddos are no help for this one I thought I could ask you guys.

She woke up in total darkness. No streetlights or lights coming from the crack under the door. Strange, she thought, my room is never this dark. In fact that was one of the reasons she wanted to switch rooms with Andy who could sleep no matter what. But Andy had stubbornly refused, her reason being she needed the bigger closet space.
Her hands made their way up to her face, felt their way over her cheeks and she touched her eyes just to check that they were in fact open. They were.
As she sat there her mind became clearer and she became aware of a throbbing coming from the back of her head. As her right hand made its way over her hair still pulled back in the ponytail she’d made that morning she felt it become wet and sticky.
“Oh crap” she muttered, quickly followed by “ouch” as her fingers reached the pretty impressive bump now residing at the back of her head.
Just to make sure she put the hand to her mouth and confirmed that she felt blood on the bump. She tried to swallow the lump of hopelessness and despair that formed in her chest. Knowing that if it made its way up her throat she would fall apart. And if she fell apart now she might as well give up the thought of ever getting out of there. She started to get mad. Mad at the situation she was in and mad at herself for wanting to give up without a fight.
Where the hell was she and why was she sitting here, trying to hold her tears back when she should be in room snoozing away. She decided that whoever had done this would not get away with it and with in mind she started to think of ways to get up and out of there.
She touched the wall behind her and with one hand on it and the other one hovering above her head she stood up. At least the room was tall enough for her to stand up straight. She turned to her right and started to take tiny baby steps following the wall. Her right hand still planted firmly on it and the other one in front of her for safety. It’s not like I’m in such a great place now, but I’ll be damned if I’m gonna fall down a hole with snakes or anything like that she thought to herself.


So here it is, all I ask is please do not mock too much. remember that this is the first draft and more detail will put into it, but it would be easier if I knew where it is going, if it's just a dream or if her dad is a Maffioso boss who owns someone money and they've kidnapped her for that reason.

1 comment:

Ellen said...

Jag gillar det! You're quite talented, F! Men jag vet inte hur det ska sluta. Får fundera. Och återkomma. Kram.