Monday, October 08, 2007

I’ve just finished the cleaning of the century. at least for me. I cleaned with a ferocity my room has never known. It was quite fun to tell the truth. I found things I forgot I had.
including:
a root beer can from the Berlin trip in twelfth grade.

three copies of Black Beauty by Anna Sewell – all of which I’m keeping
an old Beatles calendar – unused
a large set of spillikins (*plockepin*) – I forgot how fun that is to play with 50 cm sticks
the lost eye of my hybrid teddy, a hippo with a pouch - hipporoo?
books which I borrowed from a friend about ten years ago
11.92 €
old photographs and attempted art work made by yours truly

and even though I didn’t keep all this stuff, but most of it, it was fun to see all the things I saved. it must have meant something to me at one point of my life. I hope that the next time I do this, in twenty years?, I won’t be so grownup that I only see crap, but all the treasure that lies within said crap.

oh. what about the things I thought I’d find but didn’t. where did that stuff go? fairies and tiny trolls maybe?

No comments: